Hello from Cary/Durham

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by kamohr, Jun 16, 2012.

1. kamohr

kamohr New Member

I use to bicycle many, many years ago and am slowly getting back into the swing of bicycling, with the end goal of one day doing a triathlon (lofty goal!! :)). My husband bought me a nice road bike but I'm very nervous about riding on the road, and I am VERY slow (8-9 + Mph pace), but will speed up the more I ride and get back into shape. I am looking for a group that will be patient with (& encourage) my re-entry into the sport. I look forward to meeting you all!
    Thank you! Kathy
  2. Zonda

Zonda Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to Triangle Cycling! Congratulations on getting back on your bike. :D

Sorry for the delay welcoming you. I have been traveling, very busy at work and haven't had much time to catch up on here. Haven't ridden myself since May 10th, gasp!!:eek:

Speaking only for myself as a ride leader, I think it would be best if you ride more on your own and increase your pace to 10-12 mph. We ride on busy roads, so I'm concerned with your current riding pace and more specifically your lack of comfort level riding on the road. Once you improve your pace a little you will feel more comfortable riding and will be ready to join our group. This would make for a better riding experience for you and others in the group. You will find the type of support you are looking for with the Slow Spokes and other groups on this forum.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for Kathy?

Let us know your progress and please don't give up! Contact me through this site if you have any questions. Good luck and I look forward to seeing you on a ride soon assuming I can get meself back out there!!!;)